Method 1 Forgetting Memories
- Figure out what you would like to forget. Before you can forget a memory, you will need think about the details of that memory.
- Think about what bothers you the most about the memory.
- Erase the memory with a ritual release.
- Remove your “trigger objects.”
- Consider hypnosis.
What to do after watching something disturbing?
Go outside. Leave the Internet behind for a while, and try to immerse yourself in the world around you. Catch up with some friends, or go for a run, or go spend time in nature. Fix your mind in the present moment, and do something you love.
How do you completely forget someone?
- Cut off physical contact. You cannot forget someone if you still see him or her all the time, or constantly hear about his or her activities.
- Remove him or her from your electronic life.
- Ask your mutual friends to stop updating you on this person’s doings.
- Get rid of what reminds you of this person.
Can a hypnotist make you forget?
First things first – no hypnotist can make you do anything. Hypnosis is a consensual process, the subject has to be happy to go along with the hypnotist’s suggestions; if they do not want to do something, then they simply won’t do it. Whilst in hypnosis, absolutely.
Is there a pill to erase bad memories?
Pill Could Erase Bad Memories. Scientists have discovered a drug that could erase fearful memories in humans. The method, using existing blood pressure pills, could be useful for weakening or erasing bad memories in people with post-traumatic stress disorder, the researchers say.