TEN WAYS TO IMMEDIATELY IMPROVE YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD
- Report crime as soon as possible.
- Report nuisances and other noncriminal problems promptly.
- Take away the opportunity for crime.
- Introduce yourself to your neighbors.
- Know the names of neighborhood kids and their friends.
- Make a list of landlords in your area.
- Walk around the block.
How can I improve my bad neighborhood?
8 Simple Ways to Make Your Neighborhood a Safer Place
- Know your neighbors.
- Keep up your yard, and encourage your neighbors to do the same.
- Be extra cautious when you go out of town.
- Close your windows and blinds at night.
- Improve the lighting on your street.
- Encourage outdoor activity.
- Know your local police department.
How can I make my city better?
5 Ways to Make Your City a Better Place
- Be a kind neighbor, be a friendly face.
- Volunteer your time.
- Support and create local art.
- Take advantage of your community garden, or get one started.
- Encourage your friends, family, and work colleagues to bike or carpool to work.
How can I make my community a better place?
Ways you can help your local community
- Get involved as a volunteer. There are plenty of opportunities out there if you look out for them.
- Support local businesses. Support your local businesses by buying locally.
- Local tidy ups.
- Help your neighbours.
- Raise money.
How can I help my Neighbour?
Here are seven more small, simple things you can do to make your neighbourhood amazing:
- Spend More Time in Your Front Yard or Front Step.
- Go for Neighbourhood Walks.
- Welcome New Neighbours.
- Celebrate Holidays and Seasons.
- Give Small Gifts.
- Take Your Kids to the Park.
- 7. Make it Great for Pets.