How to Prevent Kitchen Accidents and Injuries
- Reorganize Your Tools. If you have children in the house, do not keep sharp knives or tools easily accessible from the countertop.
- Keep Kitchen Floors Tidy. No one cries over spilled milk – unless it causes a slip-and-fall accident.
- Invest in Indoor Footwear.
- Protect Your Kitchen Floors.
How can accidents be prevented in the kitchen?
Method 2 Staying Safe While Cooking
- Stay in the kitchen.
- Avoid distractions.
- Establish kitchen rules if you have children.
- Wear proper clothing.
- Choose the right sized pot for the recipe.
- Use pots and pans with care.
- Use oven mitts.
- Use a sieve or colander for straining.
How can accidents be avoided?
Here are six ways prevent accidents in the workplace:
- Always be alert. There’s a reason why many workers insist upon that morning coffee.
- Don’t rush your work.
- Wear required safety gear.
- Follow instructions to a tee.
- Pay attention to and follow emergency drills.
- Insist upon proper training.
How can we prevent home accidents?
- Keep all fires and heaters well guarded, especially open fires.
- Keep portable heaters and candles away from furniture and curtains.
- Don’t dry or air clothes over or near the fire, or the cooker.
- Do not smoke in bed.
- Many fires start in the kitchen, especially fat fires.