8 Simple Ways to Make Your Neighborhood a Safer Place
- Know your neighbors.
- Keep up your yard, and encourage your neighbors to do the same.
- Be extra cautious when you go out of town.
- Close your windows and blinds at night.
- Improve the lighting on your street.
- Encourage outdoor activity.
- Know your local police department.
How can we solve crime in our community?
10 Ways to Prevent Crime in Your Community
- Work with your local public agencies and other organizations (neighborhood-based or community-wide) on solving common problems.
- Set up a Neighborhood Watch or a community patrol, working with police.
- Report any crime or suspicious activity immediately to the police.
Why safety is important in a community?
Community safety is a concept that is concerned with achieving a positive state of well-being among people within social and physical environments. Not only is it about reducing and preventing injury and crime, it is about building strong, cohesive, vibrant, participatory communities.
How can I make my neighborhood better?
Here are 15 ways to get your neighbors working together right now.
- Paint your intersection.
- 2. Make a poetry box.
- Set up a tool library.
- Set up a book library.
- Turn your front yard into your backyard.
- Collectively buy solar panels.
- Set up an emergency preparedness network.
- Organize a garden tour.