10 Easy Workplace Safety Tips
- Train employees well.
- Reward employees for safe behavior.
- Partner with occupational clinicians.
- Use labels and signs.
- Keep things clean.
- 6. Make sure employees have the right tools and have regular equipment inspections.
- Encourage stretch breaks.
- Implement safety protocols from the start.
How can you promote health and safety in the workplace?
Plan programs carefully and work toward keeping things updated.
- Post signs that draw attention to safety issues.
- Provide the proper safety equipment.
- Train employees in safety.
- Encourage employees to report things that seem unsafe.
- Provide fitness equipment for the use of employees.
How can you improve safety performance?
5 Steps Employees Can Take to Improve Safety Performance and Prevent Accidents
- Identify hazards: If employees don’t know what the hazards are—or could be—they can’t effectively protect against them. Employees therefore should:
- Plan ahead.
- Stay alert.
- Ask questions.
- Take near misses seriously.
How do you enforce safety in the workplace?
Here are 4 ways to make sure your employees follow your safety program as intended.
- Provide Effective Training. A strong training program should be your starting point for gaining employee buy-in.
- Create and Enforce Clear Policies.
- Engage Employees.
- Secure Supervisor Support.