Question: How Do I File A Complaint Against My Employer For Not Paying Me?

To file a complaint for unpaid wages under the FLSA, you may either go to the WHD, which may pursue a complaint on your behalf, or file your own lawsuit in court (which may require you to hire an attorney).

Do not delay in contacting the WHD or your state agency to file a claim.

Can I sue my employer for not paying me correctly?

All the money you’ve earned is your property. If your employer refuses to pay you what you’ve earned, you have every right to sue them for those unpaid wages. This is also true for workers who quit or were fired and haven’t yet been compensated for their final days or weeks of labor.

Who do I contact if my employer doesn’t pay me?

Contact your employer (preferably in writing) and ask for the wages owed to you. If your employer refuses to do so, consider filing a claim with your state’s labor agency. File a suit in small claims court or superior court for the amount owed.

What happens if your employer doesn’t pay you?

These labor code provisions, as well as similar ones in other states, essentially establish a rule that employees must always be paid what they are owed. If an employer fails to pay wages due, there are a number of options available to employees. One option is to file a civil lawsuit for nonpayment of wages.

Where do I complain about unpaid wages?

Investigations of unpaid wages and recovery of back pay are conducted by the Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division under the Fair Labor Standards Act when a worker initiates a complaint.