How to File a Complaint
- Submit online via electronic complaint form.
- Download a PDF complaint form and fax or mail it to your local OSHA Regional or Area Office.
- Call the violation in to your local OSHA office or 1-800-321-OSHA.
Can you file an OSHA complaint anonymously?
Please click “Submit” only once. Remember that you cannot file a whistleblower complaint with OSHA anonymously. If you file a complaint, OSHA will contact you to discuss your complaint. If OSHA proceeds with an investigation, the employer will be notified of your complaint.
Are OSHA complaints public record?
OSHA maintains a record of employer offenses, which the general public can access through the agency’s online database or by sending a written request under the Freedom of Information Act.
How do I report unsafe working conditions to OSHA?
Telephone – your local OSHA Regional or Area Office.
OSHA staff can discuss your complaint and respond to any questions you have. If there is an emergency or the hazard is immediately life-threatening, call your local OSHA Regional or Area Office or 1-800-321-OSHA.
What are some OSHA violations?
The Top 10 Most Frequently Cited OSHA Workplace Safety Violations
- Fall Protection — Total Violations: 7,250.
- Hazard Communication — Total Violations: 4,696.
- Scaffolding — Total Violations: 3,814.
- Respiratory Protection — Total Violations: 2,371.
- Ladders — Total Violations: 2,310.
- Machine Guarding — Total Violations: 2,097.
- Powered Industrial Trucks — Total Violations: 1,993.