How to Reset a First Alert Alarm Code
- Enter your four-digit master code via the control panel’s number buttons.
- Enter the single-digit user number assigned to the code you want to change.
- Wait a few seconds; the control panel beeps when the code is deleted.
- Re-enter the master code, as in step 1, and press “Code.”
How do I reset my first alert alarm?
To factory reset the First Alert Smoke Detector (ZSMOKE) and First Alert Smoke Detector and Carbon Monoxide Alarm (ZCOMBO)
- Make sure the device is powered.
- Press and hold the test button for 10+ seconds.
How do you reset the code on a home security system?
Press the # and * keys on the alarm panel at the same time and hold them for five seconds. The next step is to enter the installer code, which varies by manufacturer. The right code allows the homeowner to reset the password or restore the alarm to its factory defaults.
Do you have to reset smoke detector after changing battery?
The smoke alarm should clear errors after the battery is changed, but it may continue to chirp even after you change the batteries. This also occurs in smoke alarms powered by electricity with a battery backup.
How do I reset a hardwired smoke detector?
To reset a hardwired unit with a battery backup, perform the following steps:
- Turn off the power to the smoke alarm at the circuit breaker.
- Remove the smoke alarm from the mounting bracket and disconnect the power.
- Remove the battery (for a sealed-battery model, click here to learn more).
- Press and hold the test button.