Here are some tips to help make your workplace safe.
- Understand the risks.
- Reduce workplace stress.
- Take regular breaks.
- Avoid stooping or twisting.
- Use mechanical aids whenever possible.
- Protect your back.
- Wear protective equipment to suit the task.
- Stay sober.
What is your responsibility in helping to ensure that your work environment is safe?
Employee Responsibility: Your Safety is Your Responsibility. People go to work every day, but don’t expect to be injured. Rather, they expect their employer to provide a safe work environment and to ensure protection from job hazards.
How do you keep yourself safe at work?
Take these steps to prevent injuries at work:
- Lift things safely (use your legs if possible).
- Arrange your work area to fit your body.
- Take short breaks and stretch.
- Wear your protective equipment.
- Ask about available health resources at work.
- Ask questions when you need to.
How are people kept safe in the workplace?
make sure your buildings are in good repair. maintain the workplace and any equipment so that it is safe and works efficiently. put right any dangerous defects immediately, or take steps to protect anyone at risk. take precautions to prevent people or materials falling from open edges, eg fencing or guard rails.