Walk with confidence
Keep your head up and don’t be afraid to make eye contact with those you pass.
Walk at a steady pace and walk facing traffic to keep yourself visible.
If you get lost, don’t wander aimlessly.
Keep your pace steady and head for the nearest store or restaurant to ask for directions.
How can I feel safe to walk alone at night?
Tips for Staying Safe When Walking Alone at Night
- July 30, 2018. |
- Keep your keys ready. Keep your keys ready to go, even if you are simply walking from your front door to your car.
- Walk with confidence.
- Trust your gut.
- Carry a noisy “friend”
- Know what to do in the worst-case scenario.
- Avoid struggling with lots of bags.
- Notify someone of your plans.
How do you protect yourself from walking alone?
Tips Women Can Use to Protect Themselves When Walking Alone at Night
- Call a friend.
- Carry pepper spray.
- Carry your keys/keychain in your knuckles.
- Carry an alarm keychain.
- Install “Circle of 6” app on your phone.
- Install an alarm app on your phone.
- Turn your locations on.
- Carry a whistle.
How can I be safe while walking?
To stay safe walking, follow these rules of the road:
- Walk Facing Traffic When Walking on the Side of the Road.
- Cross Safely.
- Walk Single File When Not Separated From the Road.
- Stay Aware of Bikes and Runners.
- Be Visible.
- Be Predictable.
- Keep the Volume Down.
- Hang Up and Eyes Up.
How can I stay safe at night alone?
15 Safety Tips for Solo Travelers Going out At Night
- Check with someone reliable first.
- Plan for getting there and getting home.
- Leave a note and take a card.
- Don’t take a purse or backpack.
- Stash your money in more than one place.
- Have fun, make friends, but…
- Gain the backup of a server.
- Be aware of your drink.