- How do you get your elf on the shelf to come to your house?
- Can parents touch the elf on the shelf?
- What do you do if your elf on the shelf doesn’t move?
- How do you clean elf on a shelf?
- Can a elf on the shelf die?
- When should Elf on the Shelf arrive?
- Are adults allowed to touch the elf on the shelf?
- What do you do if you accidentally touch the elf on the shelf?
- How elf on the shelf works?
- What does it mean when your elf on the shelf didn’t move?
- Do Elf pets move?
- Where do elves come from?
- Do you clean up after Elf on the shelf?
- Does Elf on the Shelf move every night?
- Does the elf on the shelf stay for Christmas Day?
How to Get The Elf on the Shelf® at Your House
- Visit an official Scout Elf Adoption Center. At these special adoption centers, which are typically only open during the holiday season, you and your family can visit and pick out your very own Elf on the Shelf® to take home.
- Visit Santa’s online adoption center.
- Put it in a wish list.
How do you get your elf on the shelf to come to your house?
Tips for Getting Your Elf to Come Back Early
- Write a note.
- Host a celebration.
- Make fake snow.
- Create a welcome zone.
- Put candy out.
Can parents touch the elf on the shelf?
But some parents are wondering: Can adults touch Elf on the Shelf? According to the official “Elf on the Shelf” website, “Christmas magic is very fragile, and if scout elves are touched they may lose their magic.” It doesn’t specify that this only applies to kids, so we’re guessing this applies to any humans.
What do you do if your elf on the shelf doesn’t move?
Often an elf will lose their magic over night when the temperature gets too warm or they use up too much energy making something for you. Solution: To make sure the elf has enough magic to leave the next night, gently pick him up with kitchen tongs and place him in the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes.
How do you clean elf on a shelf?
How to Clean Your Elf on a Shelf Doll
- Loosen any dirt or debris that you can. Take a spoon and gently scrape away anything that will come off easily.
- Spot treat.
- Focus on the face now to remove any markings or stains.
- Take him for a dip.
- Now you just need to make him smell good.
Can a elf on the shelf die?
The Elf on the Shelf Must Die. The time has come for Ruby, our Elf on the Shelf, to die. Or at least go away, lose her magic, skedaddle.
When should Elf on the Shelf arrive?
Your Scout Elf can arrive anytime during the holidays, but typically he or she will arrive at the beginning of your family’s holiday celebrations and return to the North Pole with Santa Claus on Christmas Eve. Santa sends most of his Scout Elves during Scout Elf Return Week™, which runs from Nov. 23 to Dec. 1.
Are adults allowed to touch the elf on the shelf?
You can’t touch the elf. The story and the movie both say that if you touch the elf then it loses its Christmas magic. Adults can touch the elf. When my kids find the elf in the morning, I don’t let him stay in that position all day.
What do you do if you accidentally touch the elf on the shelf?
Pick one of the ideas below, and try it with your family to renew your elf’s magic in no time!
- Write a note to your elf or Santa apologizing for touching your elf.
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon next to your Scout Elf.
- Sing a Christmas carol with your family!
How elf on the shelf works?
Elf on the Shelf is a Christmas tradition where a special scout is sent to your home from the North Pole to encourage kids to behave themselves. The idea is that Santa’s little helper watches the children by day, and each night, he or she returns to the North Pole to report on whether the children were naughty or nice.
What does it mean when your elf on the shelf didn’t move?
Someone touched your elf. If your elf didn’t move, they may be trying to communicate an important message to you! If your elf is accidentally touched, they may have just enough energy to get to the North Pole but not enough magic to create a whole new scene in your home.
Do Elf pets move?
Like the Scout Elves, the Elf Pets® Reindeer must go with Santa on Christmas Eve to help him fly his sleigh; however, your Elf Pets® Saint Bernard can stay with you all year to play and generate Christmas cheer!
Where do elves come from?
The word elf is found throughout the Germanic languages and seems originally to have meant ‘white being’. Reconstructing the early concept of an elf depends largely on texts, written by Christians, in Old and Middle English, medieval German, and Old Norse.
Do you clean up after Elf on the shelf?
But here’s one little thing: YOU DON’T CLEAN UP AFTER ELF ON THE SHELF, YOU CLEAN UP AFTER WHAT YOU’VE MADE HIM OR HER DO. THE ELF ISN’T GODDAMN REAL SO IF YOU DON’T WANT TO CLEAN UP AFTER HIM DON’T HAVE HIM MAKE A MESS. The Elf can take hours to set up every night if you’re interested in that.
Does Elf on the Shelf move every night?
We love The Elf on the Shelf. Every day during the Christmas season, he or she watches over our households, making sure the kids are behaving. Then at night, the elf zips off to the North Pole to report back to Santa. But sometimes, that silly Elf just seems to forget to move from one place to the next.
Does the elf on the shelf stay for Christmas Day?
The official Elf on the Shelf website explains that the elves must return to the North Pole on Dec. 24 because “toy making begins almost immediately” for the next year. For some, that means Christmas night so the kids can enjoy the company of their elf for a final day.