Use OSG’s six tips to begin establishing and maintaining a strong and positive safety culture in your workplace
- Provide Training.
- Lead by Example.
- Develop and Implement a Positive Reporting Process.
- Involve Workers.
- Put your JHSC into Action.
How do you promote safety at work?
10 Easy Workplace Safety Tips
- Train employees well.
- Reward employees for safe behavior.
- Partner with occupational clinicians.
- Use labels and signs.
- Keep things clean.
- 6. Make sure employees have the right tools and have regular equipment inspections.
- Encourage stretch breaks.
- Implement safety protocols from the start.
How can you promote a culture of health safety and welfare in the workplace?
12 ways to promote a positive safety culture
- conduct a thorough workplace risk assessment;
- thoroughly investigate all incidents and near misses, and examine the root cause;
- communicate all changes in equipment and work processes to workers;
- encourage workers to report health and safety concerns;
What are the three steps to create a safety culture?
Three Key Steps to Cultivating a Safety Culture
- Define safety and set goals. Create a sturdy foundation and get employees and management on board by setting goals, measuring your organization’s current safety protocols, and developing an improvement plan.
- Empower employees to make safety a priority.
- Make safety more than just a slogan.
How do you create a positive health and safety culture?
Developing a Positive Health and Safety Culture
- Communication. Health and safety information should be widely and easily available for everyone in accessible formats, such as braille or audio versions.
- Lead by example.
- Be open and committed.