How do you reset a fire alarm?
Resetting Your Fire Alarm
- Turn off the power to the smoke detector at your circuit breaker.
- Remove the detector from its mounting bracket and unplug the power supply.
- Remove the battery from the smoke detector.
- With the battery removed, press, and hold the test button for 15-20 seconds.
How do I reset my smoke alarm control panel?
To reset a hardwired unit with a battery backup, perform the following steps:
- Turn off the power to the smoke alarm at the circuit breaker.
- Remove the smoke alarm from the mounting bracket and disconnect the power.
- Remove the battery (for a sealed-battery model, click here to learn more).
- Press and hold the test button.
Where is the reset button on a smoke detector?
Locate the reset button on the surface of the smoke detector. Hold it for 15–20 seconds and then release.
How do you troubleshoot a fire alarm?
Troubleshooting Fire Alarms
- Reset the alarm. When troubleshooting your fire alarm, the very first (and frankly the easiest) thing that you should try is to reset the alarm.
- Check batteries. Often your fire alarm will begin sounding an alarm when the batteries get low.
- Check location.
- Check connections.