Staying Safe at University
- Keep your identity safe. Keep your personal details safe and don’t leave anything personal lying around in public.
- If you’ve got it, don’t flaunt it. Keep your expensive items secure and discreet when you’re out and about.
- Three’s company.
- Drink responsibly.
- Apps that have your back.
- No pressure.
How do you stay safe?
Staying safe at work is very important.
Take these steps to prevent injuries at work:
- Lift things safely (use your legs if possible).
- Arrange your work area to fit your body.
- Take short breaks and stretch.
- Wear your protective equipment.
- Ask about available health resources at work.
- Ask questions when you need to.
How do I protect myself on campus?
10 Ways to Protect Yourself from Predators on Campus
- Take a self-defense class.
- When concerned if someone is following you, promptly switch directions, but keep track sufficiently enough that you still know where you’re going.
- Have your keys at the ready when approaching a door.
- This is a hard one: Present a look of self-assurance.
How can I improve my campus safety?
Top 12 Campus Safety Tips for College Students
- Utilize Locks/Locking Devices/Security Systems.
- Take Advantage of Campus Safety Apps.
- Know the Campus Security Programs Provided by Schools.
- Don’t Let the Electronics Steal Your Attention to Your Surroundings.
- Be Familiar with the Campus Environment.
- Avoid Walking Alone at Night.
- Be Careful Before Getting into a Car.