How to handle a toxic work environment
- Find people who feel the same way you do. Develop friendships with people who feel the same way as you.
- Do something after work that can help relieve stress.
- Create lists to keep yourself busy.
- Document everything you do.
- Start your exit strategy.
How do you overcome a toxic workplace?
Below are just a few tips that should help you cope while you’re working in a toxic work environment.
- Have A Positive Mindset.
- Tune Out.
- Find Humor In Everyday Work Situations.
- Don’t Bring Work Issues Home With You.
- Don’t Engage In The Office Gossip.
- Find Inspiration Elsewhere.
- Take Breaks Every Now And Then.
How do you survive a toxic work culture?
With all that in mind, here’s how to survive a toxic workplace with your career (and sanity) intact:
- Build a Support Network. Even in a toxic workplace, you’ve hopefully bonded with a few colleagues whom you trust.
- Don’t Succumb to Toxic Behavior.
- Document Everything.
- Boost Your Skills.
What are the signs of a toxic workplace?
Here are seven telling signs you may be working in a toxic office environment:
- You’re told to feel “lucky you have a job.”
- Poor communication.
- Everyone has a bad attitude.
- There’s always office drama.
- Dysfunction reigns.
- You have a tyrannical boss.
- You feel in your gut something is off.