Warn your children about sexual predators tricks
Explain to your child that sexual predators have a tendency to act as cops with fake badges and uniforms and try to lure children away or into their cars.
Tell your child that real cops would never do anything like that without talking to you or a guardian before.
How can we keep children safe from predators?
5 Tips to Keep Children Safe From Predators
- Don’t teach “Stranger Danger.”
- Teach your kids that adults don’t need help from kids.
- Have a code word phrase.
- Let your child know it’s OK to yell, scream, and say no to an adult if they feel uncomfortable or scared.
- Be cautious and aware of identifying clothing.
- Have any tips that you employ?
27 Feb 2014
How do I talk to my child about bad behavior?
Here are some tips:
- Be Aware of What Language Is Used Around your Child.
- Notice Your Child’s Feelings.
- Pay Attention to Your Child’s Self-Esteem, Sense of Powerless and Level of Comfort.
- Establish Expected Behavior and Give Alternatives.
- Teach Consequences.
- Teach Proper Communications Methods.
20 Jul 2019
How can we prevent predators?
- Avoid dangerous places. While a predator can attack from anywhere, you’ll give yourself an advantage if you stick to the beaten path.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Use the “back off” command.
- Take self-defense.
- Create obstacles to entering your home.
- Report suspicious activity.
- Contact the authorities.
28 Mar 2019
What do you do if you suspect an online predator?
Part 1 Cutting Communication with a Predator
- Recognize suspicious requests or behavior.
- Look for signs that your child is being targeted by an online predator.
- Block the person from contacting you.
- Change your screen names.
- Contact the administrators of the website or forum.
- Take action on behalf of your child.
4 Apr 2019
How do parents protect their child?
As a parent, you should take an active interest in your children and listen to them. Teach your children that they can be assertive in order to protect themselves against abduction and exploitation. And most importantly, make your home a place of trust and support that fulfills your child’s needs.
What is predatory behavior?
A sexual predator is a person seen as obtaining or trying to obtain sexual contact with another person in a metaphorically “predatory” or abusive manner. Analogous to how a predator hunts down its prey, so the sexual predator is thought to “hunt” for his or her sex partners.