What are the 5 types of hazard?
Types of hazards
- Physical – Slippery floors, objects in walkways, unsafe or misused machinery, excessive noise, poor lighting, fire.
- Chemical – Gases, dusts, fumes, vapours and liquids.
- Ergonomic – poor design of equipment, workstation design, (postural) or workflow, manual handling, repetitive movement.
What are the 6 types of hazards in the workplace?
The most common workplace hazards include safety hazards like slip-and-falls or electrical hazards. But there are also ergonomic workplace hazards, environmental, chemical and others.
5. Biological Hazards
- Blood and other body fluids.
- Bacteria and viruses.
- Insect bites.
- Animal and bird droppings.
How many forms of hazards are there?
Below are are the four common types of hazards you should be aware of at work. This is the most common type of workplace hazards. Examples of physical hazards include slips, trips, falls, exposure to loud noises, working from heights, vibrations, and unguarded machinery.
What are the 4 types of hazards?
There are four types of hazards that you need to consider:
- Microbiological hazards. Microbiological hazards include bacteria, yeasts, moulds and viruses.
- Chemical hazards.
- Physical hazards.