Two types of emergencies that require first aid: Injury and sudden illness.
Role as a lay responder (your role):
What are two types of emergencies and two categories?
Categories of Emergencies
- Categories of Emergencies.
- Depending on the threat or potential threat to lives and property, an incident, emergency or disaster will be designated one of four types.
- Routine Emergency.
- A routine emergency is one that is handled on a daily basis by police, fire, emergency medical, and/or Operations Department personnel.
What kind of emergencies are there?
This can range from emergencies affecting a single person, such as the entire range of medical emergencies including heart attacks, strokes, cardiac arrest and trauma, to incidents that affect large numbers of people such as natural disasters including tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, mudslides and outbreaks
What is emergency situation?
An emergency situation is any situation that poses an immediate threat to a person’s health, security, property, or environment.
What are the most common emergency situations?
Here are some of the most common medical emergencies that people experience:
- Bleeding. Someone has injured themselves and the bleeding will not stop.
- Breathing difficulties.
- Someone collapses.
- Fit and/or epileptic seizure.
- Severe pain.
- Heart attack.
- A stroke.