A construction safety officer is responsible for making sure all the workers at a construction site are working safely and following all the correct safety procedures.
They may have other duties as well, but the primary duty of construction officers is to keep things safe around the job site.
What is a Safety Officer and what does it do?
The Health and Safety Officer is responsible for tasks such as: Developing, implementing, and improving the health and safety plans, programmes and procedures in the workplace. Ensuring compliance with relevant health and safety legislation. Identifying OHS-related training needs in the workplace.
What is the duty of a safety officer?
The Safety Officer is responsible for monitoring and assessing hazardous and unsafe situations. Developing measures to assure personnel safety. Correct unsafe acts or conditions through the regular line of authority. May exercise emergency authority to prevent or stop unsafe acts when immediate action is required.
What are the key skills of safety officer?
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Carrying out post incident analysis.
- Establishing workplace safety and health committees.
- Knowledge of decontamination procedures.
- Knowledge of good safety practices.
- Developing emergency procedures.
- Ability to maintain effective work relationships with people from all social backgrounds.