The study identifies five soft skills that workers say are most important when it comes to getting hired and being successful in the workplace: Ability and willingness to learn new skills (84%) Critical thinking and problem solving (82%) Collaboration and team work (74%)
What skills do employers want most?
Skills Employers Want in College Graduates
- Critical thinking/problem solving. Exercise sound reasoning to analyze issues, make decisions, and overcome problems.
- Oral/written communication.
- Digital technology.
- Professionalism/work ethic.
- Career management.
What skills do you need to be successful in the workplace?
8 job skills you should have
- Problem solving.
- Initiative and enterprise.
- Planning and organising.
What are the top 3 skills employers are looking for?
7 Soft skills employers look for when hiring
- Communication. You won’t get far in the workplace if you don’t have the ability to communicate well with those around you.
- Time management.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Digital literacy.
Why skills are important in the workplace?
Communication skills are the most important soft skills for an employee. The ability to communicate through the spoken and written word is a necessity in nearly every industry and in every workplace. Communication skills can be learned and improved with the right training.