Feeling unsafe at home is never OK. Here are a few places you can go if you need to get away. Your safety is important.
10 places to go if you don’t feel safe at home
- a friend’s house.
- a youth shelter.
- a relative’s house.
- the mall.
- the library.
- a park, garden or other public green space.
- a community or drop-in centre.
Who do I call if I dont feel safe at home?
Talk to People
If you are worried you are going to be hurt and something needs to happen straight away to keep you safe, you can call the police. Just dial 999 and explain what is going on. If you are not sure what to do and just want to talk to someone, you can call Childline on 0800 1111.
What to do when you don’t feel safe in your neighborhood?
Here are four things you should do if you live in a high-risk area.
- Know Your Neighbors. Getting to know the people that live near you helps you identify allies and troublemakers.
- Stay Alert. Try not to walk your neighborhood alone after dark, and avoid distractions like your phone.
- Get Protection.
- Use Common Sense.
12 Jan 2016
How can I feel safe in my own home?
8 Ways to Feel Safe in Your Home
- Brighten your surroundings.
- Shut out the night time.
- Avoid dark, overgrown corners in your landscaping.
- Fix the creaks and groans.
- Play music or turn on the television at night.
- Know your neighbors and your local authorities.
- Don’t watch shows or movies that put you on edge.
- Use a security system.
18 Jul 2017
How do you feel safe and secure?
10 Ways to Feel More Secure in an Insecure World
- Reach out to others for emotional support.
- Look for professional advice from those you trust.
- If you are comfortable with support groups, there are a ton of them out there.
- Get a physical and an emotional evaluation.
- It’s also a good idea to do a relationship checkup.
18 Mar 2013